Seaford Community Partnership exists to promote and represent the aspirations of local organisations and residents with a view to:
- promoting the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment;
- advancing the arts, culture and heritage in and relating to Seaford and its surrounding areas;
- providing or assisting in the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances;
- promoting community participation in healthy recreation;
- promoting the economic well being of the town;
- and promoting such other purposes as may from time to time be chosen by the directors.
Seaford Community Partnership does so without discrimination because of age, disability, religion or belief, sex or sexuality. It seeks to involve, as appropriate, local residents, local authorities and voluntary and community organisations by:
- holding at least one annual meeting for members, often with a speaker – a great opportunity for local networking. Other meetings are setup as circumstances require;
- setting up themed groups tasked with developing work in the themed area and to link up with other organisations in the town to create partnership projects to improve aspects of the town. We now have some experience in this;
- welcoming representatives from your organisation to join with us.
Seaford Community Partnership are happy to talk to your organisation about the Town Partnership’s work and current project
SCP's Directors and Officers are:
Keith Blackburn (Chairman);Peter White (Town Crier);
All Directors and Officers are unpaid.